Limited Edition Juan Cubillos Colombia Washed
Out of stock
The Colombia Variety coffee is a full bodied, light-medium roast from the Gigante Hills of Colombia. This coffee oozes floral notes supported by a range of tropical citrus fruits such as lime and is finally topped with a hint of berries.
The Colombia Variety was the first coffee developed by Colombia’s coffee research centre, Cenicafe. The coffee was designed to be more resistant to leaf rust than other varieties of coffee. It was released to farmers just a year before a vast leaf rust outbreak in Colombia. This coffee is grown by Juan Cubillos in the hills of Gigante, the high altitude making it the perfect environment for this particular “Variedad Colombia”. The coffee goes through the washed process to leave wonderful fruity flavours behind. The story behind the mountains of Gigante, where this delicious coffee is produced, is that a half-god queen named Mirthayu fell in love with a giant called Matambo. Then one day, the giant was attacked by a rival tribe, and when he was killed, he fell and created the mountains of Gigante. In her grief, Mirthayu joined her lover in death, and they are now eternally there as enchanted rocks, visible from the main highway in Huila. A bond almost as resilient as the coffee that grows there now.
• Origin: Colombia
• Roast: Light-Medium Roast
• Number of servings (using 15g per cup): 125g = 8 cups; 250g = 16 cups; 500g = 33 cups; 1kg = 66 cups
• Ideal for using with: Wilfa WSCG-2 Silver Electrical Burr Coffee Grinder, Cafetières, Bialetti Moka Express Stovetop, AeroPress Coffee Maker, Nova Double-Walled Mug and Hario V60 Craft Coffee Maker – but enjoy experimenting to find your unique brewing style
• Serving suggestion: Enjoy hot or iced
• Cafe-style coffees to try at home: There's no set of rules here, but our personal favourites for this particular coffee is an espresso and americano
Roasted Arabica beans.Suitable for vegetarians and vegans
Storage: Always store coffee in an airtight container. Ground coffee should be used within 2 weeks of opening to ensure optimum freshness.
Roasted and packed in the UK.
Packed in a protective atmosphere.
Delivery & Returns
We offer four UK Delivery services:
Standard UK Delivery (2 - 4 working days)
FREE over £30
Next Day Delivery (1 working day, order before 5pm) Excluding weekends and bank holidays
Named Day Delivery (delivered on day of your choice) Excluding weekends and bank holidays
Collect from Store (UK only)
Product Content Slot
More about this Coffee
Floral notes with tropical fruits and berries
Try it as...
Experience the tropical flavours with a long Americano created with an Aeropress
This coffee is grown by Juan Cubillos in the hills of Gigante, the high altitude making it the perfect environment for this particular “Variedad Colombia”.
How to Brew the Perfect
1 espresso shot (18g ground coffee + 35ml freshly boiled water)
100ml freshly boiled water
- Add 35ml freshly brewed coffee to a cup
- Pour over freshly boiled water
1 espresso shot (18g ground coffee)
35ml freshly boiled water
- Brew a shot of espresso using 18g ground coffee and 35ml freshly boiled water. Allow it to cool.
- Load a glass with ice.
- Pour over your cooled coffee.
- Top up with cold milk if desired.
Find Out Other Ways to Brew here
As Brewed by You
Coffee is a personal thing, and we love to see how you put your touches on your morning cuppas. Take a snap, follow us on Instagram and tag @whittardofchelsea1886 for a chance to be featured in our gallery.