Limited Edition Myanmar Black Honey Coffee
Out of stock
A medium roast with notes of evocative dark chocolate, succulent blackberry, and a little red apple juiciness to finish.
Working closely with Ywar Ngan’s Danu Hill Tribe high in Southern Shan State, Shwe Ywar Ngan produces some of Myanmar’s finest Arabica coffee. The area’s fertile red and yellow soil (in addition to its renown blue lake), coupled with ideal elevation and consistent rainfall help make Ywar Ngan an ideal environment for growth. For this coffee, cherries have been hand-picked, before pulped and the outer layer of the fruit removed. The coffee has then been laid out on raised African drying beds, still covered in a thin layer of fruit pulp, or “mucilage”. Whilst the mucilage dries in the sun, it turns thick and sticky, which is where the name “black honey” comes from. This drying process leads to an intensely sweet and heavy bodied cup profile.
• Origin: Myanmar
• Roast: Medium
• Number of servings (using 15g per cup): 125g = 8 cups; 250g = 16 cups; 500g = 33 cups; 1kg = 66 cups
• Ideal for using with: Cafetieres, Bialetti Moka Express Stovetop, AeroPress Coffee Maker, Nova Double-Walled Mug and Hario V60 Craft Coffee Maker – but enjoy experimenting to find your unique brewing style
• Serving suggestion: Enjoy hot, iced or cold brewed
• Cafe-style coffees to try at home: There's no set of rules here, but our personal favourites for this particular coffee is a cappuccino
Roasted Arabica Beans
Suitable for vegetarians and vegans
Storage: Always store coffee in an airtight container. Ground coffee should be used within 2 weeks of opening to ensure optimum freshness.
Roasted and packed in the UK.
Packed in a protective atmosphere.
Delivery & Returns
We offer four UK Delivery services:
Standard UK Delivery (2-4 working days)
FREE over £30
Next Day Delivery (1 working day, order before 5pm) Excluding weekends and bank holidays
Collect from Store (UK only)
Product Content Slot
More about this Coffee
Chocolate and blackberry
Try it as...
This medium roast is perfect as a frothy cappuccino - brewed in a V60 for a clean finish.
Working closely with Ywar Ngan’s Danu Hill Tribe high in Southern Shan State, Shwe Ywar Ngan produces some of Myanmar’s finest Arabica coffee.
How to Brew the Perfect
1 espresso shot (18g ground coffee + 35ml freshly boiled water)
150ml steamed milk
Cocoa powder (to serve)
- Pour 35ml freshly brewed coffee into your cup, so it’s a little less than halfway.
- Top up with the steaming hot milk and a 4–6cm layer of froth.
- Dust with cocoa powder as the professionals do.
35ml freshly boiled water
- Brew a shot of espresso using 18g ground coffee and 35ml freshly boiled water. Allow it to cool.
- Load a glass with ice.
- Pour over your cooled coffee.
- Top up with cold milk if desired.
Find Out Other Ways to Brew here