Limited Edition Sumatra Permato Gayo Giling Basah
Out of stock
An unforgettable full-bodied cup that packs a real punch. Notes of orange and cranberry flirt with tamarind and sweet tobacco - met perfectly by a dark chocolate and chilli body.
With body, depth and a certain kind of earthy flavour, this beautiful bean comes from the north of the island of Sumatra. Born of the hands of an initial 50 farmers who came together to rebuild their livings from coffee farming, Permata Gayo Cooperative now has members from nearly 40 villages in the region.
Their process is rigorous, once picked, the coffee undergoes a 12-hour fermentation, and is then dried for 1-2 days to around 35-40% moisture. It is then dried down to a final 13% moisture before quality check, and packing. With everything happening in one place, Permata Gayo is a proud community and the coop has been able to share more of the final price of the coffee with their farmers.
• Origin: Sumatra
• Roast: Dark
• Number of servings (using 15g per cup): 125g = 8 cups; 250g = 16 cups; 500g = 33 cups; 1kg = 66 cups
• Ideal for using with: Wilfa WSCG-2 Silver Electrical Burr Coffee Grinder, Cafetières, Bialetti Moka Express Stovetop, AeroPress Coffee Maker, Nova Double-Walled Mug and Hario V60 Craft Coffee Maker – but enjoy experimenting to find your unique brewing style
• Serving suggestion: Enjoy hot or iced
• Cafe-style coffees to try at home: There's no set of rules here, but our personal favourite for this particular coffee is a latte
Roasted Arabica beans.Suitable for vegetarians and vegans
Storage: Always store coffee in an airtight container. Ground coffee should be used within 2 weeks of opening to ensure optimum freshness.
Roasted and packed in the UK.
Packed in a protective atmosphere.
Delivery & Returns
We offer four UK Delivery services:
Standard UK Delivery (2-4 working days)
FREE over £20
Next Day Delivery (1 working day, order before 5pm) Excluding weekends and bank holidays
Collect from Store (UK only)
Product Content Slot
More about this Coffee
Dark Chocolate & Cranberry
Try it as...
Keep things simple to appreciate this complex coffee in all its glory – brew in a stovetop and add your milk of choice for a creamy latte.
Produced in the Benar Meriah District of northern Sumatra, a region known for its smouldering volcanoes.
How to Brew the Perfect
1 espresso shot (18g ground coffee + 35ml freshly boiled water)
100ml freshly boiled water
- Add 35ml freshly brewed coffee to a cup
- Pour over freshly boiled water
1 espresso shot (18g ground coffee)
35ml freshly boiled water
- Brew a shot of espresso using 18g ground coffee and 35ml freshly boiled water. Allow it to cool.
- Load a glass with ice.
- Pour over your cooled coffee.
- Top up with cold milk if desired.
Find Out Other Ways to Brew here