Limited Editon Rwanda Abadatezuka Co-op Gwiza Women's Coffee
Out of stock
A Rwandan light-medium roast coffee from the Abadatezuka Co-operative of Gwiza Women. This berry is a balanced Bourbon variety with notes of molasses, caramelised sugar, raisin, and lemon.
The Abadatezuka Co-operative of Gwiza Women is a smallholder farm in Rwanda’s Western Province. Their coffee can grow up to 2,200 meters above sea level and produces a fantastic cup quality.
The reason for such a good cup? A magical mix of pollinating honeybees that live around the Nyungwe forest, gorgeously fertile soil and a cool climate created by Lake Kivu.
The farmers also use no synthetic aids or fertilisers when growing the berries. The result is a cup with a balanced and savoury flavour, with notes of molasses, caramelised sugar, raisin and lemon.
This coffee is a marvellous example of how smallholder farms can produce incredibly delicious and high-quality coffee.
• Origin: Rwanda
• Roast: Light Medium
• Number of servings (using 15g per cup): 125g = 8 cups; 250g = 16 cups; 500g = 33 cups; 1kg = 66 cups
• Ideal for using with: Wilfa WSCG-2 Silver Electrical Burr Coffee Grinder, Cafetières, Bialetti Moka Express Stovetop, AeroPress Coffee Maker, Nova Double-Walled Mug and Hario V60 Craft Coffee Maker – but enjoy experimenting to find your unique brewing style
• Serving suggestion: Enjoy hot, iced or cold brewed
• Cafe-style coffees to try at home: There's no set of rules here, but our personal favourites for this particular coffee is an espresso and americano
Roast Arabica Beans
Suitable for vegetarians and vegans
Storage: Always store coffee in an airtight container. Ground coffee should be used within 2 weeks of opening to ensure optimum freshness.
Roasted and packed in the UK.
Packed in a protective atmosphere.
Delivery & Returns
We offer four UK Delivery services:
Standard UK Delivery (2 - 4 working days)
FREE over £40
Next Day Delivery (1 working day, order before 5pm) Excluding weekends and bank holidays
Named Day Delivery (delivered on day of your choice) Excluding weekends and bank holidays
Collect from Store (UK only)
Product Content Slot
More about this Coffee
Molasses, Caramelised Sugar, Raisin and Lemon
Try it as...
Wake up to the flavour of this wonderfully fragrant coffee with an Americano created using an AeroPress, producing a full-bodied, velvety taste.
The Rwanda Abadatezuka COOP, Gwiza Women's coffee, is from the Cyato Sector in the Nyamasheke district of the Western Province of Rwanda. On the hills above Lake Kivu. The area has a cool climate that is perfect for coffee growing. The Gwiza Women bring their berries down to the Cyato Washing Station at 1,850 meters above sea level to go through the washed process and begin the journey to your cup.
How to Brew the Perfect
1 espresso shot (18g ground coffee + 35ml freshly boiled water)
100ml freshly boiled water
- Add 35ml freshly brewed coffee to a cup
- Pour over freshly boiled water
1 espresso shot (18g ground coffee)
35ml freshly boiled water
- Brew a shot of espresso using 18g ground coffee and 35ml freshly boiled water. Allow it to cool.
- Load a glass with ice.
- Pour over your cooled coffee.
- Top up with cold milk if desired.
Find Out Other Ways to Brew here