Coffee? Cold? It might sound strange to some, but this hot new trend has really caught on. There’s nothing nicer than pouring yourself a glass from our Cold Brew Jug on a hot summer’s day…
Sleek, stylish and simple to use, the Cold Brew is specially designed to bring out the clear, sweet flavours of the coffee – the technique of steeping the grinds in cold water over a number of hours removes the slightly bitter kick you might get from a typical brew.
The process is particularly well suited to a light roast, neutralising the acidity and bringing out citrus and fruit tones specific to the origin of the beans – you’ll love it with the lemony notes of our Ethiopia Yirgacheffe and the ripe tropical fruit flavours of Kenya Peaberry.
We tend to let the coffee grinds soak overnight ready for a fresh morning cup, but it’s ideal at any time of day. The nuanced flavours make it ideal choice for a food-pairing – what will you choose?
Using the Cold Brew…
- Add 50g of medium to large grind coffee to the filter section, and place in the brew bottle.
- Fill with cold water up to the 500ml level. Use filtered water for the clearest taste.
- Give the grinds a quick stir, and attach the lid.
- Pop it in the fridge – leave overnight for a good 8 hours beauty sleep…
- Pour into a chilled glass for the smoothest, coolest sip. What do you think?