(We’re not just talking tea)
We’ve been around since 1886 – so tradition and heritage are synonymous with our name. But that doesn’t mean we’re not looking forward, continually exploring new frontiers with our unique, creative products, and sustainability plays a big part in our plans. We’re by no means perfect, but we’re certainly making positive steps towards a more responsible future. Follow our journey here…
What We’re Doing Now
- We’ve recently introduced brand new web delivery packaging, which is 100% recyclable, removes the need for inner protective plastic pillows and has been produced using eco-friendly vegetable and water-based inks. Take a look here.
- We’re in the process of swapping any plastic in our tea packaging to natureflex (a biodegradable, compostable material made from wood pulp) – and our pre-packed loose tea is first to be ticked off the list. It’s gradually landing in our stores as we work to filter out any existing plastic packaging.
- Around 80% of our product packaging is recyclable or compostable.
- We’re working with the Ethical Tea Partnership to ensure our tea gardens work to strict sustainable, ethical and socially responsible standards. Find out more here.
- Our team have been provided with travel mugs to avoid single-use cup wastage when drinking on the go.
- We fully support green thinking with in-store initiatives such as 50p off loose tea every time you bring your caddy or container back to refill and 30p off drinks to go at our Tea Bar when you bring your own cup.
- We’ve started experimenting with plastic-free teabags to find a sustainable solution that doesn’t compromise on taste or quality – watch this space!
What We’re Working Towards
Plastic-free, compostable tasting cups in our stores by early 2020.
Plastic-free teabags by the end of 2020.
What You Can Do
Recycle or compost our products wherever possible – all of our packaging is clearly labelled for ease.
Bring a caddy or reusable container into store to top up your tea or coffee.
Bring a travel mug with you when visiting our Tea Bars and receive 30p off your drink.
Got a suggestion or a question?
We’d love to hear your thoughts; drop us a message at email@example.com