General Online Terms and Conditions
- Use of Website
- Purchase for Non-Domestic Use
- Pricing, Description and Product Information
- Placing an Order and Order Acceptance
- Cancellations and Returns
- Refunds and Exchanges
- Promotions and Discounts
- Competition Terms
- Corporate Gifting
- Intellectual Property and Copyright
- WEE Regulations
- Governing Law
- Company Details
To register with www.whittard.co.uk and purchase goods from our website you must be over eighteen years of age. You must ensure that the details provided by you on registration or at any time are correct and complete. You must inform us immediately of any changes to the information that you provided when registering by updating your personal details. You must give us your real name, address, phone number, email address and any other details that we may require to process your order.
We reserve the right to:
- Decline a new customer registration or suspend a customer's account at any time and at our sole discretion.
- Whittard of Chelsea reserves the right, in our absolute discretion, to terminate your access to all or part of the services with or without notice.
- Whittard of Chelsea reserves the right in our absolute discretion to discontinue the website or services, or any part thereof, at any time, with or without notice.
Trade - UK, export and international
Please note this is a consumer website and all purchases are for personal consumption or for gifts only. For all UK, export and international bulk/trade orders and re-seller options, please contact customer services via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on +44 1993 223 733.
Find out more about our Wholesale offering here.
Goods are subject to availability. Our acceptance of your offer to purchase our goods is subject to their availability. Our acknowledgement of order acceptance via the web or email is not a guarantee of delivery. If we are unable to deliver the goods which you have offered to purchase we will let you know as quickly as possible and a full refund will be given.
Orders that include sale items may be sent incomplete if certain sale lines are out of stock. Your payment will be refunded and you will be notified as above.
Products available on our website may not be available in all our high street retail stores and vice versa.
We have selected our products on the basis that they will be used for domestic use only. Where you decide to use the products in the course of a business, we exclude (to the fullest extent permitted by law) those warranties and conditions relating to fitness for a particular purpose.
The prices which you must pay for the products that you order are set out on the website at the time you place your order (plus a delivery charge) except where we discover an error in the price of the products you have ordered. In this event, we will inform you as soon as possible after receiving your order and give you the option of reconfirming your order at the correct price or cancelling it. If we are unable to contact you we will treat the order as cancelled.
The prices quoted on this website apply only to products sold via this website. Where the same products are available in our stores or via other stockists different prices may apply.
All prices are shown in £s sterling and include VAT.
Although we will take all reasonable care to ensure that all descriptions, details and prices of products appearing on the website are correct at the time when the information was inputted onto the system, the information appearing on this website at any time may not reflect the exact position at the moment you place an order.
Please be aware that the colours and appearance of our products may vary slightly from the way they appear on the screen and we cannot guarantee that your monitor screen will accurately reflect the colour of the product on delivery. All measurements and sizes are approximate, although we make every effort to ensure that they are as accurate as possible.
In order to keep our website as accurate and as up to date as reasonably possible, it may be necessary from time to time, to restrict access to the site in order to undertake necessary maintenance work. We will make every effort to ensure that any down time or restricted access is kept to a minimum.
The Order Acknowledgement email and order number are not an order confirmation or order acceptance from us. Acceptance of your order and the completion of the contract between you and us will take place on despatch to you of the products ordered unless we have notified you that we do not accept your order or you have cancelled it. Where items are despatched separately, our acceptance of the order in respect of each item takes place when that item is despatched. Our carrier will make every reasonable effort to contact you to make delivery, but if they are unable to do so then your order will be cancelled and payment refunded to your card.
We take payment from your card at the time we receive your order, once we have checked your card details and stock availability. Payment must be made with a valid credit or debit card acceptable to us. The address at which the card is registered must be the same as your billing address. You can register a new payment card at any time, but the card associated with a given order cannot be changed once you have checked out.
To ensure that your credit, debit or charge card is not being used without your consent, we will validate name, address and other personal information supplied by you during the order process against appropriate third party databases. By accepting these Terms and Conditions you consent to such checks being made. In performing these checks personal information provided by you may be disclosed to a registered Credit Reference Agency which may keep a record of that information. This is done only to confirm your identity, a credit check is not performed and your credit rating will be unaffected.
Store coupons or gift certificates issued in store are not redeemable online.
In cooperation with KlarnaBank AB (publ), Sveavägen 46, 111 34 Stockholm, Sweden, we offer you the following payment options. Payment is to be made to Klarna: · Pay later. · Slice It. Further information and Klarna’s user terms you can find here. General information on Klarna you can find here. Your personal data is handled in accordance with applicable data protection law and in accordance with the information in Klarna's privacy statement.
An E-Voucher can ONLY be redeemed online at www.whittard.co.uk. Only one E-Voucher can be redeemed per transaction. It cannot be redeemed at any retail stores or other retailers.
To redeem an E-Voucher simply enter the E-Voucher code featured in the email into the box provided at the end of the checkout process; where prompted during the Payment stage. In order to redeem your E-Voucher you must register with a valid email address on the website www.whittard.co.uk. Only when you have completed your order will the E-Voucher be used. Only one E-Voucher may be used per order. An E-Voucher can only be redeemed against orders placed in GBP Sterling at www.whittard.co.uk.
E-Vouchers cannot be used in conjunction with any 3rd party benefit. This includes cashback and loyalty partners.
E-Vouchers cannot be used towards a promotion spend over.
E-Vouchers are valid for a 1 year time period and must be used by the date shown on the E-Voucher. Always check your E-Voucher to find out when it expires.
We are happy to offer a refund or exchange (if stock available) on any unused items with labels and/or packaging intact within 30 days of despatch. Faulty items do not require their original packaging. This does not affect your statutory rights.
Refunds must be made through the website, following the returns procedure documented on the returns form supplied inside your original order. If a refund is required, this will be made in the same way as the original payment method (such as onto a gift voucher, debit/credit card account, or a combination of the two).
Unfortunately, under no circumstances can returns or exchanges be made through Whittard of Chelsea stores.
Please note an E-Voucher is a non-refundable product, however we reserve the right to cancel an E-Voucher at any time.
We're now unable to ship to Taiwan from Whittard.co.uk but our new partner website means you can shop direct at Whittard-tw.com, giving you more time to enjoy your favourite products - and less time waiting for international orders.
Whittard of Chelsea delivers to the UK as well as to selected international countries.
All Whittard of Chelsea orders are processed Monday to Friday, excluding Bank Holidays. Orders placed over the weekend on our standard delivery service will be processed on Tuesday (Wednesday after a Bank Holiday Monday) and premium, next day orders placed over the weekend will be processed on Monday (Tuesday after a Bank Holiday Monday).
Standard deliveries within the UK are made by courier and delivered between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday to Saturday, excluding bank holidays. Premium, next day or express services are delivered between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday to Friday, excluding bank holidays. Please note that couriers can occasionally deliver your order outside these hours, particularly during peak seasons.
If you are not at home between 9:00am and 5:00pm Monday to Friday, we recommend arranging delivery to your work address. If we do attempt to deliver to you at home and no one is in, our couriers will leave a card telling you about how to re-arrange or collect your delivery. Any unclaimed or undelivered orders will eventually make their way back to our warehouse.
Both of our UK couriers, Yodel and DPD, have smartphone apps to help you track and manage your delivery.
Whittard of Chelsea does not recommend that customers leave instructions to our couriers for your parcel to be left outside your delivery address. Should customers decide to have parcels left in their absence, Whittard of Chelsea will not be responsible for any loss or damage.
We offer four delivery services:
1. Standard Delivery £3.95
- Service available to UK mainland, Scottish Highlands and Islands, Sark & Herm, Isles of Scilly, Isle of Wight, Isle of Man, Guernsey, Jersey and Northern Ireland.
- Orders will usually arrive between 3 and 5 working days after placing your order.
2. Standard UK deliveries over £35 qualify for FREE DELIVERY
- Only valid on standard UK deliveries valued at £35 or more, after other discounts have been applied, excluding postage and packing related charges.
- Only valid on orders to UK destinations, including the Scottish Highlands and Islands..
- An order constitutes a single delivery to a single address.
- Free Delivery is not available with our Premium, Next Day Delivery service.
3. Click & Collect and Click & Reserve: FREE
- Only available for delivery to the UK.
- Orders will be available for collection from your chosen store between 2 and 5 working days after placing your order.
- Click & Collect orders will be held in store for 10 days, after which point your order will be cancelled and refunded in full.
- Click & Reserve orders will be held in store for 3 days, after which point the order will expire.
- You will not be able to collect your order without bringing your order number to store with you.
- Gift Boxes and hampers are not available with our Click & Reserve service, but can be delivered through Click & Collect.
4. Premium Next Day UK Delivery £6.95
- The Next Day service is available to the UK mainland only. Orders to the Scottish Highlands and Islands, Sark & Herm, Isles of Scilly, Isle of Wight, Isle of Man, Guernsey, Jersey and Northern Ireland will take longer to arrive.
- If you place your order on the website, or through our Customer Services Team, before 5pm Monday to Thursday, we will deliver the next working day. If you place your order on a Friday before 5pm, we will deliver it on the following Monday, unless this is a bank holiday. If you place your order on a Friday after 5pm, we will deliver it on the following Tuesday, or Wednesday if the Monday is a bank holiday. If your order is placed on a Saturday or Sunday, your order will be delivered the following Tuesday. During the Christmas period, this service will change to an express service, this will add up to 1 working day to your delivery time.
- Please note that this service is not available for the following post codes:
AB31-38, AB40-56, IV1, IV2, IV3-IV28, IV30-32, IV36-40, IV52-54, IV63, KW1-14, PA21-26, PA27-38, PH4, PH5-41, PH49-50, BT, HS, IV41-49, IV51, IV55-56, KA27-28, KW15-17, PA20, PA41-49, PA60-78, PH42-44, ZE, IM, GY, JE.
Deliveries to BFPO Addresses
Deliveries to BFPO addresses are charged at our UK standard delivery rate of £3.95. The parcel will be sent to the BFPO sorting office. Unfortunately we are unable to provide any tracking information after the parcel arrives at the BFPO sorting office and onwards. Whittard of Chelsea will not be liable for any loss or damage of the goods delivered to a BFPO address. Please ring our customer service for further information on this service should you have any concerns.
Our international deliveries are charged by zone. Once you have placed your order, the delivery charge will appear in the checkout pages. Please allow up to 14 working days for international deliveries to arrive.
Please ensure that there are no restrictions on importing our products into the destination country before you place your order. If you are unsure, the local customs authority website will be able to help.
All international orders must have a contact telephone number in order to comply with our international partner’s terms and conditions.
Unfortunately, we are unable to delivery to US PO Boxes or APO/FPO addresses.
Delivery Prices by Zone
|Zone||Average Delivery Times||£||€||$|
|1||3-10 working days||£7.50||€8.50||$10.00|
|2||3-10 working days||£9.00||€10.00||$12.00|
|3||3-10 working days||£10.50||€12.00||$14.00|
|4||3-10 working days||£16.00||€18.00||$22.00|
|5||3-10 working days||£18.00||€20.00||$24.00|
|6||6-10 working days||£23.00||€25.00||$30.00|
|Zone 1||Zone 2||Zone 3||Zone 4||Zone 5||Zone 6|
|Ireland||Italy||Czech Republic||Qatar||Hong Kong||India|
|Luxembourg||Monaco||Cyprus||Saudi Arabia||South Korea||Russia|
|Netherlands||Poland||Gibraltar||Singapore||United Arab Emirates|
Additional charges to International Orders
International orders may be subject to additional customs charges, taxes or surcharges. Please be aware that Whittard of Chelsea is not liable for any additional charges due when your order arrives in country. For information on any additional charges that you may incur, please refer to your local customs authority website.
You have the right to cancel or return your order up to 14 working days following receipt of your goods. This includes your right to cancel your order under the Consumer Contracts Regulations. You will receive a full refund including the original postage and packaging for the order if the charge was levied with your original order and it is returned in full.
If your order has already been despatched please follow our returns information.
We hope you are happy with any product purchased, but if you wish to return a product to us for any reason you may do so within 30 days of the despatch date. It must be in a saleable condition and in its original undamaged packaging. We will refund the price or replace the product. Return delivery charges will only be refunded in the event of faulty, damaged or incorrect items being sent to you. This does not affect your statutory rights.
Your right to return does not apply to products which fall into the following categories unless they are faulty:
- Goods made to your specification cannot be returned for any reason unless faulty.
- Perishable goods unless faulty or damaged.
It is your responsibility to ensure that the return form is enclosed with the parcel. Should you fail to enclose the return form, Whittard of Chelsea may not be able to refund the items until they are able to identify the related order. Should you fail to return your goods to the return address provided, Whittard of Chelsea will not be held responsible for any delays to refunds or postage issues.
Other than for defective products returns outside the timeframe set out above, may be accepted at the sole discretion of Whittard of Chelsea and may be refunded as a credit to be spent online.
The cost of returning items is down to you and you are responsible for any returned goods until they reach our warehouse. We recommend that you obtain a Proof of Postage certificate which are available free of charge from the Post Office. We will refund returns postage for an item which is faulty, damaged or sent to you in error. This does not affect your statutory rights to return faulty or misdescribed goods. Unfortunately, postage costs for returned items from outside of the UK cannot be refunded.
Our returns address is:
We offer a free returns address from a UK post office:
Whittard of Chelsea
C/O Cygnia Ltd
DC139 Style Way
Lost Returns: Should your chosen courier fail to deliver or lose their return parcel, it is your responsibility to claim compensation from the courier directly. Whittard of Chelsea will not be liable for any lost returned parcels. Please note that it is your responsibility to choose the most appropriate method for returns with the appropriate insurance. Whittard of Chelsea cannot be held responsible for any unforeseen delays such as strikes, riots, war or act of God.
All refunds will be made to the debit or credit card on which the original purchase was made within 14 days of the cancellation of the order or return of the goods. In the event that Whittard of Chelsea is unable to credit your original method of payment, you will be contacted by a member of our Customer Service team to arrange an alternate method of refund.
Stores can authorise a refund or exchange on online orders, please take the order confirmation or delivery note to one of our stores.
VAT refunds are not available on online orders.
On faulty products, after the 14 day cancellation period, we reserve the right to offer a spare part or repair where appropriate. We also reserve the right to offer a replacement item of similar or equal value.
The Whittard Taste Guarantee
Since 1886 we have been sourcing and blending the finest teas, coffees and hot chocolate; and we are so confident you will enjoy our products that we are pleased to offer you the Whittard taste guarantee. Our Taste Guarantee means that if you ever buy one of our products and don't like it, you can bring it back to any of our stores and we'll either exchange it for something else of an equivalent value or refund you in full.* This means you have the freedom to try something new, without the risk of disappointment.
*To receive a full refund you must present the relevant receipt.
In order for a web exclusive and email exclusive promotion or offer to be applied to your order a valid voucher code must be entered into the voucher code box on the basket page. Whittard of Chelsea cannot be held liable for not discounting the order or applying the promotion if a valid code has not been entered. Online voucher codes are not valid in Whittard of Chelsea high street retail stores or outlets.
Please note that only one promotion can be used per order.
When a voucher code or other promotional offer applies to more than one product, the total value of the promotional offer or discount is split and shared across each applicable products in the correct ratio. If an item or part of the order is returned, then we will refund the relevant correct value. If an order containing a free gift with purchase is returned, the whole order including the item received for free must be returned for a full refund. If the free gift is not returned the value will be deducted from the refund for the order.
11.1 Whittard.co.uk discount voucher codes (also abbreviated to 'Voucher codes' or ‘Promotion codes’) can only be used against purchases made online at whittard.co.uk and cannot be used within Whittard of Chelsea stores unless otherwise stated.
11.3 Voucher codes must be entered in the relevant section of the basket at whittard.co.uk. We are unable to apply a discount to orders already placed.
11.4 Voucher codes are usually restricted to one use per customer and one per order.
11.5 Voucher codes may also be set to a maximum number of redemptions - if we are not able to accept the discount code you have entered it will be because the code has expired or maximum redemption level for promotion has been exceeded. We will advise you accordingly in the order process and the discount will not be applied.
11.6 Certain voucher codes & discounts may only be valid on specific spend thresholds which will be present in any promotional communication via email, forum, affiliates or any other marketing collateral. This spend threshold must be adhered to in order to redeem the offer. Whittard reserves the right to cancel any order which doesn't meet the required spend threshold. Gift with purchase promotions may not be available on Click and Reserve orders.
11.7 Selected voucher codes may be restricted for use against specified products or categories - where possible, details of any restrictions will be communicated at the point where we promote the voucher code to you.
11.8 Voucher codes cannot be exchanged for a cash alternative or used in conjunction with any other promotions or promotional codes, including free delivery promotions.
11.9 Where the voucher code entitles you to a percentage discount, the discount will not be applied to the delivery charge ('delivery' includes additional delivery services, which are charged in conjunction with Whittard Delivery, for example ‘Next Day Delivery’).
11.10 Where the voucher code entitles you to a free delivery offer, this will be for Whittard UK standard delivery charge (£3.95). ‘Next Day Delivery’ incurs additional delivery charges. Free delivery is NOT available on our premium Next Day service and orders over 10Kg will incur an additional service charge.
11.11 Discount Voucher codes exclude any Sale/Clearance items unless otherwise stated.
11.12 Voucher codes may be withdrawn, or suspended without notice for any reason. We will advise you within the order process if we cannot accept the discount code you have entered.
11.14 Whittard discount voucher codes are not valid when purchasing E-Vouchers unless otherwise stated, but can be used in conjunction with an E-Voucher to make a purchase on www.whittard.co.uk.
11.15 11.15 We offer student discount of 10% off purchases both online and in store. For online purchases please sign up via Student Beans to verify your student status in order to add your discount code at checkout https://www.whittard.co.uk/student-discount.html. For in-store purchases simply provide valid student ID and an email address at the till to qualify.
11.16 Promotions and discounts do not apply to the advent calendars.
11.17 The free gift with purchase promotions are limited to 2 per customer and one per order.
11.18 Mention me - Refer A Friend Terms & Conditions
- The referrer is offered 15% off subject to a £40 minimum spend for every friend who orders for the first time.
- This offer can be shared for 3 months from the date of acceptance by the referrer.
- In order for the referral to qualify for the reward the referred friend must be a new customer to Whittard of Chelsea and over the age of 18 and the referred friend must meet the conditions of their reward.
- There is no requirement for the referrer to be an existing Whittard of Chelsea customer.
- In order to share this offer the referrer must be over the age of 18.
- Rewards will be cumulative and so if multiple qualifying referrals are made to Whittard of Chelsea, multiple rewards will be delivered to the referrer, subject to a limit A Referrer may not earn more than 5 within any 24 hour period or 25 within last 12 months or 1500 GBP of reward value within last 12 months.
- Rewards will be delivered to the referrer on the day of the referred friend's purchase provided the referred friend's purchase is not cancelled.
- The Referrer will be notified by email once a referred friend has purchased and when the reward has been earned.
- Rewards will be valid for 3 months from the date earned by the referrer.
- Referral rewards cannot be combined with other discount codes in a single order.
- Whittard of Chelsea reserves the right to refuse the issue of any reward to any Referred Friend or Referrer at any time.
- Whittard of Chelsea reserves the right to vary any and all elements of this offer at any time without notice.
- Discount is not valid on sale items or on products that are already marked down. Pre-discounted products will not count towards the £40 spend threshold.
Referred Friend Rewards
- The Referred friend is offered a discount when they place their first order.
- The reward is valid for one month from the point of issue to the referred friend.
- In order to qualify for the reward the referred friend must be a new customer to Whittard of Chelsea and over the age of 18.
- Any rewards will be revoked if a refund is requested on the order for which the reward was offered.
- The Referred friend reward cannot be claimed by the same person making the referral
- Referred friend rewards cannot be combined with other discount codes in a single order.
12.1 Win a Luxury Whittard Hamper (Penny for your thoughts)
- Completing the survey is deemed to be entrance to the prize draw and acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- Opening date for entries is 1st day of each calendar month with closing date being the last day of the calendar month.
- One winner will be selected at random and contacted directly. The selected winner is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The prize consists of: 1 x Whittard Hamper
- Entrants must be at least 18 years of age, and not employees of Whittard of Chelsea, their immediate families or their agents or anyone else connected with the promotion.
- Entrants must be residents of the UK.
- This promotion is not connected with Facebook in any way and the promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
- No automated, bulk, third party or consumer group entries are permitted.
- There will be one (1) winners drawn each month. The winners will be selected at random by Whittard of Chelsea, within 10 days of the end of the month. The winner will be contacted via email by our Customer Services team.
- All reasonable effort will be made to contact the winner, however, if the prize is not claimed within one week of the winner being notified, an alternative winner will be chosen. Once a subsequent winner has been selected, the previous winner is no longer entitled to the prize. In the unlikely event that no entries have been received before the closing date, no prizes will be awarded.
- The prize is non-transferable, non-refundable and there are no cash alternatives.
- Whittard of Chelsea reserves the right to provide an alternative prize of equal or greater value in the event of reasonably unforeseen circumstances.
- Whittard of Chelsea’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Any entry which is incomplete, incomprehensible, late, incorrectly submitted or otherwise does not comply with the rules may be deemed invalid at the sole discretion of Whittard.
- Whittard may withdraw or cancel the competition for any reason and at any time.
- Whittard will use your details to administer your prize if you win. If you are successful in winning, Whittard reserves the right to use your name and/or image on the Whittard Blog, Twitter account and/or Facebook page and any other social media if required, highlighting you as the winner.
- Whittard reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions without notice. Any amends will be posted on the Whittard site.
All orders placed via our website, telephone line or by email will be governed by our Standard Terms and Conditions of Sale available at www.whittard.co.uk
This offer applies to all orders placed by customers between 1st October and 25th December 2020.
To the extent that the following terms are inconsistent with our Standard Terms and Conditions of Sale, the following terms will take precedence. Please read both sets of terms carefully before placing an order with us.
13.1 Payment: For orders placed via the telephone or email, we accept BACS as well as credit or debit card. For your safety, please do not send us your payment details in writing. Card payments can be taken over the telephone.
13.2 Prices and Customs Duties: All prices are shown in GBP and include VAT but exclude delivery charges.
International orders may be subject to additional customs charges, taxes or surcharges and resulting delivery delays. Whittard of Chelsea is not liable for any additional charges or delays. Corporate customers should ask their account manager or courier for more details about additional charges.
13.3 Deliveries: Please see our Standard Terms of Sale for more details about deliveries. For further information about deliveries, including last order dates for Christmas, please visit www.whittard.co.uk
13.4 Substitutions: On rare occasions, we may need to substitute an item you have ordered; substitutions will be for items of the same or greater value.
13.5 Amendments, Cancellations and Returns: Corporate customers are not entitled to amend or cancel an order made in respect of this offer without our consent. If you wish to cancel, amend, or return your order, please contact your account manager.
13.5 Promotions: Please note that corporate customers are not eligible for any other promotions on our website.
13.6 Our Liability: Our liability to consumers is as set out in our Standard Terms and Conditions.
Whittard of Chelsea is not responsible for any loss or damage incurred by any corporate customer, nor for delays that are caused by events outside of our control. Should an item arrive damaged, please talk to your account manager regarding replacement items. The liability of Whittard of Chelsea for corporate customers will be limited to the price paid (including the relevant discount) of the item(s) purchased.
13.7 Questions: Should you have any questions, please contact the corporate sales team on +44 1993 893774 or by email email@example.com
- Our outlet stores operate a multi-buy policy and are unable to sell individual units of products in multi-buys.
- Click and Collect and Click and Reserve is not available at our outlet stores.
- The Whittard Outlet is valid online only at www.whittard.co.uk
- Whittard reserves the right to change or amend products and promotions within the Outlet at any time without prior notice
- Whittard reserves the right to remove the Outlet online at any time without prior notice
- Discount Voucher codes exclude any Sale/Outlet items unless otherwise stated
The content of the www.whittard.co.uk Website is protected by copyright, trademarks, database and other intellectual property rights. You may retrieve and display the content of the Website on a computer screen, store such content in electronic form on disk (but not any server or other storage device connected to a network) or print one copy of such content for your own personal, non-commercial use, provided you keep intact all and any copyright and proprietary notices. You may not otherwise reproduce, modify, copy or distribute or use for commercial purposes any of the materials or content on the Website without written permission from Whittard of Chelsea.
This Website and the Retail Sites and any software are provided on an "AS IS" basis, without warranties of any kind, either express or implied, including, without limitation, implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement.
You agree to indemnify and hold Whittard of Chelsea harmless from all liabilities, claims and expenses that arise out of the content you submit, post or transmit via Whittard of Chelsea’s Websites, or from your use/misuse of the Websites or the use/misuse by any person for whom you are responsible or from your violation of the Terms and Conditions.
Since 1 July 2007 the UK's Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) Directive has been law. The legislation aims to make producers pay for the collection, treatment and recovery of waste electrical equipment. The regulations also mean that suppliers of equipment like high street shops and internet retailers must allow consumers to return their waste equipment free of charge.
Whittard of Chelsea fully supports this legislation and offers our customers free take-back of their WEEE items on a like-for-like basis when they buy a new Electrical or Electronic product from us. Please note that the WEEE item must be returned within 28 days of purchasing the new item.
For example, if you buy a coffee machine in one of our stores we would accept an old coffee machine in return and prevent it going into a landfill site by disposing of it safely.
If you make a purchase of an electrical or electronic item on our website you are entitled to return your old 'like for like' item to any of our nationwide store network. Use the Store Locator to find your nearest store.
In this instance please bring proof of your web purchase so we can dispose of the old item safely.
Under the WEEE Regulations, all new electrical goods should now be marked with the crossed-out wheeled bin symbol shown to the left. Goods are marked with this symbol to show that they were produced after 13th August 2005, and should be disposed of separately from normal household waste so that they can be recycled.
The contract between you and Whittard of Chelsea under which you have made your purchases it is agreed shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with English law, and the English courts shall have jurisdiction to resolve any disputes between us. This does not affect your statutory rights.
Whittard Trading Limited
Windrush Industrial Park