6th May 2014 by Whittard
Update****Our Design a Caddy competition has now closed for entries. We've been amazed and delighted by the quality of designs received and are begining the difficult task of shortlisting. Once we've narrowed entries down, we will create a gallery which we will be put to a public vote. The most popular design will then be turned into a limited edition caddy, for launch next year!
In the meantime, take a look at all of the entries in our Facebook gallery.*****
Are you an illustrator, designer, student or just love dabbling in your spare time? We are offering you the chance to see your design brought to life on a limited edition Whittard of Chelsea tea caddy, which will go on sale in our stores and on our website.
The theme is simply 'tea' and you can draw inspiration from anything tea-related: the exotic provenance of tea, the rich Whittard heritage, the delights of afternoon tea, our national love affair with tea - whatever floats your boat. You can also create the design in any medium including paint, hand-drawn, digital etc.
The competition is open to anyone aged 16 or over and resident in the UK. To find out more and enter, simply click here and then print out (press the CTRL and p keys at the same time and print out), complete your design and email it to email@example.com.
All entries must be received by 30th June, we'll then shortlist six designs which will be put to a public vote via our Facebook page, and the most popular design will grace a limited edition caddy in spring 2015.
Not only will the winner see their design in our stores, but they will also receive £200 of Whittard vouchers and three runners-up will receive a Whittard teapot and tea, to the value of £100 each.
To see all of the entries, visit our Facebook gallery
Good Luck!Read More
10th March 2014 by Whittard
Thank you to everyone who entered our competition, we've now drawn the ten winners and despatched the prize of two complimentary tickets per winner.
The lucky entrants were: Ramesh of Croydon, Sally of Billericay, Gilly of Silsoe, Jane of Stamford, Emma of Twickenham, Brian of Hassocks, Jennifer of Leeds, Katrina of Bingley, Lucy of Bristol and Carrie of Maidenhead - congratulations to you all!
It's going to be a great event packed with inspiration for your home and garden with lots of craft and delicious regional fare - we'll also be there so if you'd like to sample some wonderful teas and coffees come along to our stand ... and when you need to rest your weary feet, we also have the Whittard Tea Room - perfect for a relaxing break.
If you weren't a lucky winner, don't forget you can also find out more and buy discounted tickets for just £12 when you quote WHITTARD via the website.Read More
6th March 2014 by Whittard
It's Mother's Day on the 30th March and we are offering you the chance to win a set of our new fine bone china mugs, to give to your mum. There are six in the set, each with an individual design inspired by vintage wallpaper and the set is worth £48.
For a chance to win, Like us on Facebook and enter the competition, which ends at midnight on the 19th March, if you win, the prize will be with you in good time for Mother's Day.Read More
19th February 2014 by Whittard
The cold winter days will soon be behind us, so what better way to start the new season than a day out at the Country Living Magazine Spring Fair which is on 19-23 March at the Business Design Centre in Islington.
With an array of carefully selected exhibitors, from independent designers to small producers and craftspeople from across the British Isles, the Spring Fair is the perfect place to pick up inspired ideas for your home and garden. Treat yourself to exclusive pieces from the jewellery and fashion collections, sample delicious regional fare and discover furniture, fabrics and accessories to add country style to your home.
After having a good look around, you can take a well-deserved break in the Whittard of Chelsea Tea Room, where you can enjoy a refreshing cup of tea, rich roast coffee or indulgent hot chocolate. We also have a stand where our friendly, knowledgeable staff will be on hand to help you discover and explore more of our range.
We have ten pairs of tickets to giveaway, all you need to do is complete the form below for a chance to win. The competition is open until the 5th March, when we'll draw the lucky winners. Please see below for terms and conditions.
Terms and Conditions:
• Entry into this competition is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
• Entrants must be at least 18 years of age, and not employees of Whittard of Chelsea , their immediate families or their agents or anyone else connected with the promotion.
• No automated, bulk, third party or consumer group entries are permitted.
• The opening date for receipt of entries is 20th February and the closing date for receipt of entries is 5th March
• The winner of this competition will be chosen at random by Whittard of Chelsea by no later than 10th March. There will be ten winners. The winners will be notified via email.
• The prize must be claimed by the winner by 12th March by email.
• The prize consists of a pair of tickets to the Country Living Magazine Spring Fair. The winners can enter the fair on the day of their choice between 19-23rd March.
• The prize will be delivered to the winner's address by the 18th March.
• The prize is non-transferable, non-refundable and there are no cash alternatives.
• Entry to the competition includes subscription to the Whittard of Chelsea email newsletter.
• Whittard of Chelsea’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
• The names of winners will be available by sending an SAE to Country Living Competition, Whittard of Chelsea Customer Services Windrush House, Windrush Park Road, Witney OX29 7DX
4th February 2014 by Whittard
We asked you to share your recipes for a healthy snack or drink for our Healthy New Year Blogger Carnival and create a post incorporating a recipe and a photo. The carnival is now closed and we’ve chosen the overall winner and the runners up.
We chose the post in the Not Just Rocks blog by Charlotte and she wins a pack of each of our large leaf tea pyramids and an Alice in Wonderland fine china mug.
We particularly liked that after much experimenting with smoothie recipes, she shared a tried and tested favourite combining grapes, avocado, green tea, lime and honey. A green detox smoothie that tasted good and was full of healthy yet delicious ingredients, perfect for a New Year boost!
Our runners up, in no particular order all win a fine china mug.
1) Jessica of Jessica in Your Ear blog
2) Rachel of A Good Day to Dye blog
Offers a tempting flapjack recipe combining flavoured-tea soaked oats, apples, spices, honey and other natural ingredients to produce a treat that is energy-giving and flavoursome too.
3) Sonia of Nel Paese Delle Stoviglie (which translates as Sonia in the Wonder Kitchen … like Alice in Wonderland)
Combines berries, apple, ginger and a secret green ingredient to make a detox smoothie, that’s full of invigorating goodness.
4) Alex of Gingey Bites blog
Creates a wonderful chicken soup with vegetables, fresh herbs and some pearl barley which is both warming and hearty, perfect for some post-Christmas comfort.
Thank you to everyone who entered and hope 2014 is a healthy year for you all. Have you been inspired to create any wholesome recipes?Read More