Hot Chocolate Milkshakes
Hot chocolate, you say? But isn’t that… well… hot? Maybe – but add a few key ingredients, and as if by magic you’ve got a delicious cold drink that’s perfect for summer afternoons.
Hot Chocolate Milkshake
This recipe can be adapted to whatever you’ve got in the cupboard – we’ve found it works particularly well with our Rocky Road Flavour Hot Chocolate (with a scrummy topping of Mini Marshmallows and our 70% Cocoa Hot Chocolate. Let us know what variations you tried – we love to hear your ideas!
½ pint of milk
2–3 ice cubes
4 large scoops of vanilla ice cream
2 heaped tbsp of your favourite hot chocolate mix
Whipped cream (optional)
Chocolate shavings (optional)
- Warm the milk slightly, adding the hot chocolate and stirring until well combined. Place in the fridge to cool.
- Spend several minutes trying to locate the missing blender attachment, before eventually finding it in the bathroom and having no idea how it got there. By this time, the hot chocolate will have cooled.
- Blend together the ice cream, hot chocolate and ice cubes on a low setting, until the milkshake is nice and frothy.
- Serve in a tall glass (our SoHo Glasses are ideal).
- Top with whipped cream and a sprinkling of chocolate shavings.