Salted Caramel Brownies
When customer Lorraine Gordon sent us her recipe for gooey chocolate brownies, we couldn’t resist giving it a Whittard twist. A little experimenting and a lot of tasting later (it’s a hard life) we think we’ve cracked it.
Introducing our recipe for salted caramel brownies – made with our very own Salted Caramel Flavour Hot Chocolate. We’d tell you how delicious they are, but we don’t want to lose time baking. Aprons on!
290g unsalted butter
500g caster sugar
130g Whittard Salted Caramel hot chocolate
4 large eggs, beaten
140g plain flour
- Preheat the oven to 160°C.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan, then stir in the sugar and hot chocolate powder.
- Add the beaten eggs.
- Remove from heat and add the flour and fudge pieces. Pour into a shallow, greased baking tray – you could add a sheet of greaseproof paper if you’re worried about the brownies getting stuck.
- Place in the centre of the oven. Bake until the top is firm but the middle is soft (c. 25–30 minutes).
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool and set. Poke some holes in the top and then drizzle with caramel sauce, letting it sink into the holes.