Fancy a G&Tea Cocktail?
It's hard to find time for afternoon tea and happy hour – so why not combine the two? We've concocted some delicious tea-infused cocktails to get your taste buds tingling…
Lemon & Ginger Lemonade
- Infuse the Lemon & Ginger in the freshly boiled water for 10 minutes.
- Add honey and stir until dissolved, then add the cold water, gin, lemon juice and ice.
- Stir, pour into a tall glass filled with ice, garnish with a slice of lemon.
Try making this without the gin (or swapping it for vodka if you're feeling cheeky). Let us know what you thought using #WhittardYourWay.
Earl Grey Martini
1 Earl Grey teabag (or 1tsp loose tea)
25ml freshly squeezed lemon juice
25ml sugar syrup
1 egg white (optional)
- Infuse the tea in the gin for 10 minutes at room temperature.
- Combine the tea-infused gin, lemon juice, sugar syrup and egg white in a cocktail shaker.
- Dry-shake without any ice to emulsify the egg.
- Open and add ice; shake again until cold. Strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
Mango & Bergamot G&Tea
1 Mango & Bergamot teabag (or 1tsp loose tea)
100ml 80°C water
Gin of your choice
Tonic water of your choice
- Infuse the tea in the water for 10 minutes, then remove. (Tip: if you don't have a fancy kettle, leave the lid up for 5 minutes after boiling to cool the water to 80°C.)
- Stir in the sugar until dissolved, then allow to cool. You can store this tea syrup in an airtight container in your fridge for up to 2 days.
- When you're feeling thirsty, just add the syrup to your usual G&T, stir and sip in style.