Limited Edition El Salvador Finca Bonanza Washed
Out of stock
A delicious medium-bodied coffee born of the foothills of the Santa Ana Volcano in El Salvador. Expect hints of green apple and plum, complemented by dark chocolate and a creamy almond finish.
Deep in the Apaneca Mountain range of western El Salvador, family-run farm, Finca Bonanza plant the bourbon trees that bring you this beautiful limited edition coffee. Owned by Joe Molina, the farm was established by his uncle, Salvador Portillo in the 1950s. Some years ago, Joe noticed one tree on the farm that was baring fruit more densely, a tree he went on to name “Old Chap” - growing seedlings from it ever since.
The coffee beans for this coffee are handpicked early in the year, then pulped and left to ferment, before being washed with fresh water, and left out to dry. Each step done with great care and attention.
• Origin: El Salvador
• Roast: Medium-dark
• Number of servings (using 15g per cup): 125g = 8 cups; 250g = 16 cups; 500g = 33 cups; 1kg = 66 cups
• Ideal for using with: Our range of Coffee Grinders, Cafetières, Bialetti Moka Express Stovetop, AeroPress Coffee Maker, Nova Double-Walled Mug and Hario V60 Craft Coffee Maker – but enjoy experimenting to find your unique brewing style
• Serving suggestion: Enjoy hot or iced
• Cafe-style coffees to try at home: There's no set of rules here, but our personal favourite for this particular coffee is a mocha
Roasted Arabica Beans
Suitable for vegetarians and vegans
Storage: Always store coffee in an airtight container. Ground coffee should be used within 2 weeks of opening to ensure optimum freshness.
Roasted and packed in the UK.
Packed in a protective atmosphere.
Delivery & Returns
We offer four UK Delivery services:
Standard UK Delivery (2-4 working days)
FREE over £20
Next Day Delivery (1 working day, order before 5pm) Excluding weekends and bank holidays
Collect from Store (UK only)
Product Content Slot
More about this Coffee
Dark Chocolate and Plum
Try it as...
We recommend brewing this in a cafetiere to get most of the subtle flavours and serving as a mocha for the ultimate chocolate kick.
Benefitting from the volcanic soil, this coffee is grown at the base of the Santa Ana, a volcano in the Apaneca mountain range, one of Central America’s prime speciality coffee producing areas.
How to Brew the Perfect
1 espresso shot (18g ground coffee + 35ml freshly boiled water)
100ml freshly boiled water
- Add 35ml freshly brewed coffee to a cup
- Pour over freshly boiled water
1 espresso shot (18g ground coffee)
35ml freshly boiled water
- Brew a shot of espresso using 18g ground coffee and 35ml freshly boiled water. Allow it to cool.
- Load a glass with ice.
- Pour over your cooled coffee.
- Top up with cold milk if desired.
Find Out Other Ways to Brew here