*Standard Delivery is free for all orders £20 and over More Details. Collect from store is free for all orders.
Returns are free and simple under our Taste Guarantee. Either return in store or contact us to arrange a return.
Sample the tastes and aromas from the very best producers and roasters around the world with our exclusive tea and coffee clubs.
A truly excellent tea can be as layered and complex as a fine wine, and with a bit of practice you can learn to discern the exact origin...
We’re all about the art of the roast – the delicate process of balancing the bean’s natural flavours, causing it to change in colour, taste...
Some people count sheep to get to sleep. With 100 different teas to choose from, we’ve found a much better solution. True, our collection is huge. But you can choose to track down your tea by taste, by origin and even by number.
In 1886 our founder Walter Whittard set up his very first shop, filled floor-to-ceiling with the world’s finest tea, coffee and cocoa. Those brave new brews are now time-honoured classics and we’re still following our nose for the new…
Let us introduce you to our world of teas by tasting from our wide selection. Our Friendly Fanatics will help you discover something new. No booking necessary - just pop in anytime!All Stores Daily
Let us introduce you to our world of coffees by tasting from our wide selection. Our Friendly Fanatics will help you discover something new. No booking necessary - just pop in anytime!All Stores Daily
Let us introduce you to our world of Hot Chocolate by tasting from our wide selection. Our Friendly Fanatics will help you discover something new. No booking necessary - just pop in anytime!All Stores Daily
Speakeasy cocktail bars across the country are offering more and more innovative ways to transform our favourite drinks. We’ve discovered four refreshing tea-infused cocktails that are perfect for the warmer (hopefully) weather, afternoon teas with a twist or a post-dinner treat. Cheers!
To make like Mad Men, combine your favourite Bourbon with our Mandarin Puerh tea for a smooth, punchy and elegant drop, with sweet lemon verbena and tangerine notes. Or spice it up with our Spiced Puerh, which is enriched with cloves, cardamom and orange peel.
1 teaspoon sugar
3 dashes Angostura bitters
1-2 tablespoons water
1 heaped teaspoon (3g) Puerh Mandarin tea
Sprig of mint to serve
- Combine the Bourbon with loose leaf Puerh Mandarin and leave to steep at room temperature for around 2 hours. This will make enough Bourbon for 2 servings.
- Put the sugar in an old-fashioned glass and mix in the bitters. Add just enough water to cover the sugar and muddle the mixture together until the sugar has dissolved.
- Add the Puerh-infused Bourbon and a large ice cube. Stir and enjoy!
Elderflower Earl Grey Mar-tea-ni
For a new take on the classic martini, blend a good quality gin with our premium Ceylon tea, which boasts the beautifully complementary flavours of bergamot and elderflower. Serve in a wide martini glass for a sophisticated statement, or channel Alice in Wonderland and pour into a vintage teacup.
1 heaped teaspoon (3g) Elderflower Earl Grey tea
100ml boiling water
15ml lemon juice
1 tablespoon honey
- Brew 1tsp (3g) Elderflower Earl Grey in 100ml boiling water for 3-5 minutes. Remove the tealeaves and leave tea to cool.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of good quality honey with 4 tablespoons warm water until the honey has dissolved.
- Once both honey and tea are cool, add to a cocktail shaker with the gin and lemon juice.
- Shake thoroughly and serve in a teacup over ice.
Award-winning mixologist Timothy Alum M at ST O2 Bar Babylon in Oslo created this exclusive recipe. A blend of sweet raspberry jam, sharp lemon juice and fresh Peppermint and Earl Grey tea strikes a delicious balance of flavours. Garnish with a sprig of mint or twist of lemon rind to make it even more Instagram-worthy.
50ml Bombay Sapphire
15ml Don Benedictine
10ml Lemon Juice
1 tablespoon Raspberry Jam (seedless)
25ml Peppermint tea
25ml Earl Grey tea
- Brew both Peppermint and Earl Grey tea in equal measures. Cool, and mix 25ml of each tea together in a shaker.
- Add the remaining ingredients and shake on ice.
- Double strain into a teapot and pour into vessel. Serve over ice.
English Rose Iced Tea
We’ve all enjoyed a classic iced tea on a hot summer’s day, but the addition of our English Rose blend gives it a real on-trend flavour twist. Perfect for a glamorous Downtown Abbey-esque afternoon tea. Just add the cucumber sandwiches.
1 heaped teaspoon (3g) English Rose Tea
100ml boiling water
1 teaspoon sugar
1 tablespoon homemade rose syrup*
*For the homemade rose syrup:
- Mix 115ml hot water with 2 teaspoons of whole pink Rosebuds. Leave to infuse overnight at room temperature.
- In a saucepan, combine 230ml water with 220g sugar and add the infused rosebud mixture.
- Stir until the sugar has dissolved and simmer gently for 5 minutes.
- Let the liquid cool, and then strain into a jar or bottle. Keep refrigerated for up to a month.
For the cocktail:
- Add the English Rose tea to a glass teapot and add 100ml water, then cool.
- Once the tea has cooled, add 50ml vodka to the teapot.
- Add 1 tablespoon of the homemade rose syrup (or adjust to your taste) and stir ingredients together.
- Top with crushed ice, then strain the cocktail through the teapot and into a glass teacup. Serve immediately.
lines open monday to friday, 9am to 5:30pm.More details
© 2018 Whittard of Chelsea. Customer Services Windrush House, Windrush Park Road, Witney OX29 7DX. eCommerce by blubolt.