*Standard Delivery is free for all orders £35 and over More Details. Collect from store is free for all orders.
Returns are free and simple under our Taste Guarantee. Either return in store or contact us to arrange a return.
Sample the tastes and aromas from the very best producers and roasters around the world with our exclusive tea and coffee clubs.
A truly excellent tea can be as layered and complex as a fine wine, and with a bit of practice you can learn to discern the exact origin...
We’re all about the art of the roast – the delicate process of balancing the bean’s natural flavours, causing it to change in colour, taste...
Some people count sheep to get to sleep. With 100 different teas to choose from, we’ve found a much better solution. True, our collection is huge. But you can choose to track down your tea by taste, by origin and even by number.
In 1886 our founder Walter Whittard set up his very first shop, filled floor-to-ceiling with the world’s finest tea, coffee and cocoa. Those brave new brews are now time-honoured classics and we’re still following our nose for the new…
Let us introduce you to our world of teas by tasting from our wide selection. Our Friendly Fanatics will help you discover something new. No booking necessary - just pop in anytime!All Stores Daily
Let us introduce you to our world of coffees by tasting from our wide selection. Our Friendly Fanatics will help you discover something new. No booking necessary - just pop in anytime!All Stores Daily
Let us introduce you to our world of Hot Chocolate by tasting from our wide selection. Our Friendly Fanatics will help you discover something new. No booking necessary - just pop in anytime!All Stores Daily
Christmas is on its way, many companies around the country will have booked their parties and Secret Santa is a popular tradition. It’s a great way to allow gift-giving without it costing a small fortune – and everyone receives a gift. Normally, a team or department agree a gift budget, add everyone’s name to a hat, each person then draws a name and purchases a gift, in secret of course. Gifts are then distributed at the Christmas lunch or party.
Here are our top tips to being the perfect Secret Santa:
1) Don’t be too generous – recognise that people may have different financial circumstances and agree a budget that everyone in the team can comfortably afford. Christmas is expensive enough without feeling you have to break the bank for the sake of a work colleague.
2) Choose something they will appreciate - try and buy something that the person will use as opposed to something that you like – it’s no good buying a coffee lover a tin of teabags, no matter how attractive the tin! Look for clues that will help e.g. what does the person like to eat or drink, do they have any hobbies/interests, what do they like to watch/read? Putting some thought into your Secret Santa gift really shows. If you are stuck for inspiration, food or drink is often a safe bet.
3) Be funny, but not TOO funny - it is tempting to try and be humorous, but make sure you choose carefully as gifts are unwrapped in public. Unless of course you know the person very well and know that they and the rest of the team will find it amusing, rather than mortifying! Ironic humour can be less risky e.g. buying someone who works in the finance team a mug that says “I love spreadsheets”.
4) Avoid Embarrassing Disasters - definitely, definitely steer clear of gifts that are in poor taste, too risqué or suggest a relationship that doesn’t exist. Remember that embarrassing disasters will be very memorable, will almost certainly be recounted at any future work social events and pass into office folklore.
5) Have fun! Secret Santa is a great way to create good feeling when entered into in the right spirit, it’s also good fun to try and guess which colleague chose your gift.
Here are our top five Whittard Secret Santa suggestions:
1) English Breakfast Kilner Tin – an opulent reusable tin for someone with sophisticated taste and who loves classical loose tea.
2) Snowman Fine china mug – the perfect gift for the person who loves all things Christmas and has a habit of decorating their desk with tinsel and a collection of festive ornaments.
3) Footsoother Tea Bags - A refreshing, calming blend of herbal teas scented with lemongrass and peppermint to soothe and revive tired feet. A thoughtful and unusual choice for someone who loves a bit of pampering or perhaps is a keen walker.
4) Mulled Wine Instant Tea – just the ticket for someone who enjoys the flavour of this traditional festive drink but without the headache.
5) Flavoured Coffee Syrup Set – something a little different for someone who is a coffee fan and great for all the extra indulgence that takes place over Christmas.
lines open monday to friday, 9am to 5:30pm.More details
© 2018 Whittard of Chelsea. Customer Services Windrush House, Windrush Park Road, Witney OX29 7DX. eCommerce by blubolt.